We’re excited to announce a new free class, developed in partnership with Energy Toolbase: “Optimizing the Economics of C&I Solar + Storage Projects in California“.
It’s worth paying attention because the presentation is packed with useful data you won’t find anywhere else. Energy Toolbase recently completed a rigorous, months-long analysis where they studied the economics of solar + storage projects on every C&I (commercial and industrial) utility rate tariff in California’s Investor-Owned Utility (PG&E, SCE, SDG&E) territories. The objective of the study was to identify the characteristics of the most attractive projects, including utility rate tariff, customer load profile type, PV + ESS system size, and rate switching scenario. They discovered several important findings that are shared in this training.
Here’s what you’ll learn in the course:
- What are the best and worst utility rates for solar + storage economics?
- What are the best and worst types of customer load profiles? How much variance can there be?
- What are the best practices for rate switching to optimize for PV+ESS economics?
- How to optimally size both the PV & ESS for optimal ROI?
- How to quantify and attribute non-utility bill savings value streams, including resiliency, grid services, and future-proofing?
Many thanks for Adam Gerza and team for sharing this data. We hope it helps you identify the best opportunities so you can be efficient with your time and more successful in your business development work.