Amory Lovins, Co-Founder of the Rocky Mountain Institute, says “Scott Sklar is a walking encyclopedia of American renewable energy.” He’s not kidding. 2,500 solar professionals have taken Scott’s “Solar Power 101” course, which was created in 2014.
The material held up remarkably well because Scott is such an incredible researcher and presenter. But recently Scott went back into the course and updated everything – so it’s all completely new and improved. And it’s still free.
This is a great opportunity to learn about solar technology, the business, finance, technical and engineering sides of solar, and the emerging renewable energy market.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Learn about the solar market in the United States
- Learn how solar technology works
- Learn how solar power systems are created, financed, developed, and maintained over their 20- to 30-year lifetime
- Learn the nuances of the different solar markets: behind-the-meter applications including residential, commercial, and industrial projects to multi-megawatt utility-scale projects
- Learn about the emerging market for energy storage technology and microgrids and how these innovations are changing the energy landscape
If you’re making a career change or onboarding new employees this is the perfect starting point. You’ll quickly get a sense for how the industry works and your place inside of it.
Photo Credit: WAMU