Starting today, for a limited time, Keith Rohman’s “Residential Field Operations & Maintenance” is included with your HeatSpring Membership. This is the practical residential solar O&M course you have been looking for, and it counts for NABCEP credit, too. Membership is an inexpensive way to access premium courses that usually cost more, including:
- Electric Utility Distrubution Equipment
- Solar Entrepreneurship
- Solar Building Codes, Fire Codes, Electric Vehicles and Energy Storage
This course is approved for NABCEP Advanced Credit Hours, NABCEP RE Elective
With the residential solar market continuing to grow exponentially, so does the need for system maintenance. Now more than ever, the solar industry needs qualified, experienced, and knowledgeable service technicians to maintain the reliability of deployed solar assets.
In this course, students will learn the basics of O&M, safety precautions, service site visit best practices, preventative maintenance measures, with a primary focus on field troubleshooting where instructor Keith Rohman walks through real-world residential solar O&M issues and their solutions. Keith walks students through his process to address each corrective maintenance challenge, providing a framework for students to work through when solving issues on their own jobsites.
This is an advanced course. It is recommended that students have previous experience in safely installing residential solar systems prior to enrolling.
About HeatSpring Membership
HeatSpring Membership is a bundle of learning opportunities that would otherwise cost a lot more. Here’s what you get:
- Extended access to paid courses. Wll of our courses come with 1-year of unlimited access. Sometimes people get busy and don’t finish, but they don’t want to pay for the class again. This is original reason we created HeatSpring membership. Now you can pay the small monthly fee for as long as you need to finish the class and get your certificate of completion.
- Certificates of completion for all free courses. We have lots of teams that use our free courses for learning and professional development. If earning certificates of completion help with tracking and motivation, then membership is a really affordable tool to get better results for your team.
- Member access to premium courses. With membership you get access to a bunch of premium courses that you would normally have to pay a lot more to take. Sometimes they carry CEUs. We try to add a new course every month to keep it fresh. Like all of our premium courses, once you’re enrolled you have a full year to take the course.
Membership is intended to lower the barrier to learning so you can make professional development a regular habit.
Membership is also available to Teams. Team discounts are applied automatically and team memberships have all of the same benefits as the individual membershis.
About Keith Rohman
Keith got his start in the solar industry in 2017 with an entry-level solar installer position in Denver, Colorado. Previously, Keith obtained his bachelor’s degree from Illinois State University in Renewable Energy. For him, solar energy was a clear and holistic answer to tackle the problems of climate change and challenges people face gaining entry into the workforce.
Working through the ranks of both learning and teaching in the field at Namaste Solar and GRID Alternatives, Keith later obtained his NABCEP PV Installation Professional certification at the end of 2018 before relocating to Texas.
In 2019, he co-founded TXSOL, a service-focused solar startup based in Austin. Since then, he continued to help build residential service and installation programs within the company. He currently works full time as a field electrician for a larger national solar installation company in Austin.
Keith has a passion for teaching safety and quality throughout the PV and construction industry. In addition to the NABCEP PVIP, he also holds his Residential Wireman’s electrical license in Texas.