Starting today, for a limited time, “Solar Onboarding 102 for Non-Solar Professionals” is free for HeatSpring Members and their guests. Members can give the class for free to somebody they know who wants to get started in the solar industry.
Members: Email info(at)heatspring.com or Jackie or Brian or Brit – send us the name and email address of the person you want to enroll for free and we will make it happen.
About Solar Onboarding 102
Solar is becoming a bigger part of our energy infrastructure. Even if you don’t work for a solar company, it’s useful to understand the elements that inform a preliminary design. This course will dive deeper into the topics of Solar Onboarding 101 for Non-Solar Professionals, providing a closer look at system configurations and more context so that students will be better equipped to answer questions surrounding new solar systems or systems that have been previously installed. Students can expect to learn a little about many topics within the solar industry without diving into any one too deeply.
This course was built for:
- Utility engineering and energy advisory staff, especially electric co-ops
- Policy and code staff within the government
- Non-solar construction or building companies
- Building inspectors
- Real estate agents
What we’ll cover in 102:
- PV module technical specifications and how this information informs solar design
- Site Assessments
- Factors that affect the system size of solar and solar + storage systems
- Design basics, including overview of some additional components and system safety elements from 101
- Battery energy storage basics, including system configurations and modes of operation
- Installation requirements, including relevant codes and best practices
About HeatSpring Membership
HeatSpring Membership is a bundle of learning opportunities that would otherwise cost a lot more. Here’s what you get:
- Extended access to paid courses. All of our courses come with 1-year of unlimited access. Sometimes people get busy and don’t finish, but they don’t want to pay for the class again. This is original reason we created HeatSpring membership. Now you can pay the small monthly fee for as long as you need to finish the class and get your certificate of completion.
- Certificates of completion for all free courses. We have lots of teams that use our free courses for learning and professional development. If earning certificates of completion help with tracking and motivation, then membership is a really affordable tool to get better results for your team.
- Member access to premium courses. With membership you get access to a bunch of premium courses that you would normally have to pay a lot more to take. Sometimes they carry CEUs. We try to add a new course every month to keep it fresh. Like all of our premium courses, once you’re enrolled you have a full year to take the course.
Membership is intended to lower the barrier to learning so you can make professional development a regular habit. Membership is also available to Teams. Team discounts are applied automatically and team memberships have all of the same benefits as the individual memberships.