NABCEP’s new recertification requirements totaling 30 hours of CEU credits and updated industry involvement requirements have officially taken effect. NABCEP updated their requirements on January 1, 2019 but allowed for a 12 month transition period which has now expired. Visit this page for a breakdown of the new CEU requirements for each of NABCEP’s credential and certification programs.
NABCEP Credential Course Finder Tool
Check out our quick 3-step tool to help you sort through NABCEP’s new requirements for continuing education (CEU hours) including subcategory breakdown (NEC, JTA, Building and Fire Code and RE Elective hours), then see your course options to fulfill those training requirements.
New Industry Involvement Requirements
In addition to the new 30 Hours of CEU training, to be eligible for recertification, NABCEP Board Certified Professionals must also submit a letter on letterhead, signed by an employer stating the applicant is still actively involved in the renewable energy industry and describing the industry activity of the applicant.
Industry activity must meet one of the minimum requirements as described below. Alternative activities may be submitted for review and acceptance by NABCEP. The letter must include specific details as described below:
- Applicant had a decision-making role in the installation(s) of at least 3 completed installs within the applicant’s three (3) year certification period
- Teacher/trainer/instructor who teaches at least 120 hours of an advanced PV course(s) or a Registered NABCEP PV Associate course within the applicant’s three (3) year certification period
- Leadership role for at least one (1) year in a business or organization that trains students, customers, or clientele to design, install, commission, maintain, inspect or carry out other activities in the PV market within the applicant’s three (3) year certification period
- Leadership role for at least one (1) year in a business that designs, installs, sells, commissions, maintains, inspects, or finances PV systems, or manufactures solar industry equipment within the applicant’s three (3) year certification period
- Leadership role relating to PV within the renewable energy industry for at least 36 hours within the applicant’s three (3) year certification period (e.g. committee or board member in a renewable energy association or company)
You can find more information about which HeatSpring courses qualify for NABCEP Continuing Education CEUs here.
Have a Group?
HeatSpring offers scalable, cost effective training for groups of 10-10,000 for both NABCEP training as well as our other expert-led training courses. See why leading organizations choose HeatSpring for Groups as their destination for employee learning.