The PV Commissioning & Maintenance Specialist (PVCMS) Board Certification highlights your expertise in the areas of operations, maintenance and commissioning. It spotlights your ability to apply verification protocols, critically analyze systems, and implement preventive and corrective maintenance procedures for PV systems.
PV EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PVCMS
A minimum of twenty-four (24) prescribed hours of advanced training is required. Each candidate must have:
- 18 hours of advanced PV commissioning and maintenance principles and practices as outlined in the NABCEP PV Commissioning and Maintenance Specialist Job Task Analysis (PVCMS JTA).
- 6 hours of the National Electric Code (NEC)
Our NABCEP PV Commissioning & Maintenance Specialist (PVCMS) Certification Prep bundle saves you money and time in getting all of the hours and knowledge you need to pass the exam.
QUALIFYING FOR THE EXAMINATION
NABCEP recognizes that professionals in the field of renewable energy and energy efficient technologies receive their training and work experiences in a variety of ways. NABCEP Staff will review each application to determine compliance with eligibility criteria.
To qualify to sit for the NABCEP PV Commissioning & Maintenance Specialist (PVCMS) Certification Examination, every Applicant, regardless of background, education or experience, will need to document:
- Completion of a minimum of 30 hours of OSHA Outreach Training Program for the Construction Industry training (or provincial equivalent); AND
- Completion of 24 hours of advanced training as defined in Section 6.8.2 below
(NOTE: These hours of training do not need to be in addition to apprenticeship or degree coursework if the requirements of Section 6.8.2 were met within the curriculum and timeframe); AND
- Completion of services on installations equaling at least 12 Project Credits:
Projects Credits are as follows:
- System size of 1 – 999kW = 2 Project Credits
- System size of 1MW and up = 3 Project Credits
See the NABCEP Handbook to confirm all of these details and for more details about:
- Eligibility Requirements
- Experience Requirements
- Documenting Experience
- System Summary
- Documenting System Service
- Documenting Decision-Making Role
We offer a NABCEP PV Commissioning & Maintenance Practice Exam. By taking the practice exam, you will have the opportunity to become comfortable with the format of the exam.