Starting April 26th, for a limited time, Tim Montague’s “Selling & Developing Commercial-Industrial Solar” is included with your HeatSpring Membership. Membership gives you access to premium courses that usually cost more, including:
- The Hydrogen Economy
- Solar Entrepreneurship
- Solar Building Codes, Fire Codes, Electric Vehicles and Energy Storage
Commercial and industrial (C&I) facilities represent a huge untapped market for the solar industry. This includes schools, hospitals, shopping malls, factories, warehouses and many other types of commercial buildings. Rooftop solar (also called behind-the-meter solar) can reduce a facility owner’s power bill by 50 to 75%. So why doesn’t everyone have a solar power plant on their roof? Hopefully someday soon everyone will!
In this course, we will explore C&I solar from the perspective of the facility owner, the solar professional (installer, EPC, developer), and the AHJ (authority having jurisdiction).
We answer some of the key design and economic questions:
- What types of facilities are best suited to rooftop solar?
- What are the costs and benefits of going solar?
- Roof vs. ground mount considerations?
- How do available space, roof condition, the cost of power, and net metering rules factor in?
- How do you properly size a solar PV system to offset 100% of the building load?
- What are some equipment options in terms of modules, racking and inverters?
- What are the challenges and opportunities in key markets across the US?
- What role do incentives and legislation play?
- What are the fire safety and worker safety considerations?
We conclude with some case studies, including manufacturing and logistics, schools, healthcare and retail industries.
About HeatSpring Membership
At $19/month, HeatSpring Membership is a bundle of learning opportunities that would otherwise cost a lot more. Here’s what you get:
- Extended access to paid courses. Wll of our courses come with 1-year of unlimited access. Sometimes people get busy and don’t finish, but they don’t want to pay for the class again. This is original reason we created HeatSpring membership. Now you can pay the small monthly fee for as long as you need to finish the class and get your certificate of completion.
- Certificates of completion for all free courses. We have lots of teams that use our free courses for learning and professional development. If earning certificates of completion help with tracking and motivation, then membership is a really affordable tool to get better results for your team.
- Member access to premium courses. With membership you get access to a bunch of premium courses that you would normally have to pay a lot more to take. Sometimes they carry CEUs. We try to add a new course every month to keep it fresh. Like all of our premium courses, once you’re enrolled you have a full year to take the course.
Membership is intended to lower the barrier to learning so you can make professional development a regular habit.
Membership is also available to Teams. Team discounts are applied automatically and team memberships have all of the same benefits as the individual membershis.
About Tim Montague
Tim Montague is a solar project developer and consultant working on C&I and community solar and storage across the US. He is the president of the Clean Power Consulting Group which is a mission driven solar company helping to speed the energy transition. He holds the NABCEP PV Technical Sales certification and has originated and developed over 50 MW of solar projects.
Tim hosts the weekly Clean Power Hour podcast which includes interviews with cleantech executives and industry thought leaders as well as a weekly energy transition news update with his co-host John Weaver, a journalist for PV Magazine. He lives in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois where he is an avid trail runner and small boat sailor.