Starting today, for a limited time, “Geothermal Heat Pump Fundamentals” is free for HeatSpring Members and their guests. Members can give the class for free to somebody they know who wants to get started in the geothermal industry.
Members: Email info(at)heatspring.com or Jackie or Brian or Brit – send us the name and email address of the person you want to enroll for free and we will make it happen.
About the Instructor: Ryan Carda
Ryan Carda is Principal Engineer for Dandelion. He is primarily responsible for design and engineering standardization, with a focus on optimizing the performance and lowering the cost of geothermal systems.
Prior to that, Ryan co-founded Geo-Connections in 2004 and served as the company’s President until he sold the company to Dandelion. The products Ryan developed pre-acquisition were used to design tens of thousands of geothermal systems. Ryan co-authored “Design and Installation of Residential and Light Commercial Ground Source Heat Pump Systems,” with the International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA) and chairs the Association’s Standards Committee. Ryan worked for many years at GeoPro and has a M.S. in Engineering from South Dakota State University in 2006.
“Geothermal Heat Pump Fundamentals” covers:
- Overview of residential geothermal heat pump systems
- Overview of commercial geothermal heat pump systems
- Economics and marketing considerations
About HeatSpring Membership
HeatSpring Membership is a bundle of learning opportunities that would otherwise cost a lot more. Here’s what you get:
- Extended access to paid courses. All of our courses come with 1-year of unlimited access. Sometimes people get busy and don’t finish, but they don’t want to pay for the class again. This is original reason we created HeatSpring membership. Now you can pay the small monthly fee for as long as you need to finish the class and get your certificate of completion.
- Certificates of completion for all free courses. We have lots of teams that use our free courses for learning and professional development. If earning certificates of completion help with tracking and motivation, then membership is a really affordable tool to get better results for your team.
- Member access to premium courses. With membership you get access to a bunch of premium courses that you would normally have to pay a lot more to take. Sometimes they carry CEUs. We try to add a new course every month to keep it fresh. Like all of our premium courses, once you’re enrolled you have a full year to take the course.
Membership is intended to lower the barrier to learning so you can make professional development a regular habit. Membership is also available to Teams. Team discounts are applied automatically and team memberships have all of the same benefits as the individual memberships.