We Want to Educate More Solar Women
Women are underrepresented in the solar industry (19%) and in our online solar courses (6%). We want that to change. We’ve designated this space specifically for solar women for 3 reasons:
1. Elevate the Conversation:
We want to elevate the conversation to get more women working in the solar industry and to complement great initiatives already happening in the industry.
2. Educate More Women in Solar:
We hope that the solar women we feature provide new insights for women considering the field of solar (solar jobs are annually growing by 20%). We also hope to boost the number of women enrolling in our courses. To-date, less than 6% of our solar students have been women. We don’t like that statistic. We want to teach more women!
3. Create a More Diverse and Equitable Industry:
Through engaging more women in conversations about solar and providing high-quality learning opportunities, we hope to contribute to a more level playing field for women looking to enter or advance within the solar industry.
Tools to Start Learning Today:
- Free Tool: HeatSpring’s Career Guide for Women in Solar Energy
- Free Tool: Commercial Solar Leverage Model
- Free Course: Solar PV Design, Code, Economics, Sales, and Site Visits
- Free Course: Commercial Solar PPAs 101
- Course: NABCEP PV Installer Certification Exam Prep
- Course: Solar Executive MBA Training
Other Resources for Women in Solar:
- Networking:Women in Solar Energy (WISE)
- Networking: Women in Renewable Energy (WiRE)
- Networking: Women in Cleantech and Sustainability
- RenewableEnergyWorld.com Article: Women Urged to “Lean In” to the Solar Workforce
HeatSpring & RenewableEnergyWorld.com Present:
Solar Women Summer Series
This summer, we’re interviewing and featuring women who have taken our solar courses and other interesting women doing important work in the solar industry. Email us to share your story and work: email@example.com.