Ryan Carda is teaching the IGSHPA Accredited Geothermal Installer course live and in-person for the first time in years. Well, technically it’s a hybrid course, with the majority offered in an online learning environment with the last day in-person at the 2021 IGSHPA Conference in Nashville, TN. You also receive the full online course, so you can start early or continue learning after the conference.
- Some of the lessons will be delivered via live webinar prior to the conference, and we’ll meet for 4 hours one day during the conference (Wed, December 15 from 1-5pm).
- Manuals are recommended but not required with this course. They cost $225 and you can buy them directly through IGSHPA.
- Conference registration is not included, but training participants get a 50% discount. Details on how to register for the IGSHPA Conference for $100 are inside this course.
- The exam will be taken online afterwards, and you’ll have access to the online materials for a full year to prepare for the exam.
This comprehensive installation workshop is designed for GSHP installers, contractors, dealers, home builders, manufacturers, distributors, architects, heating cooling mechanical engineers, trenching/water well drilling contractors, and anyone who desires a working knowledge of this innovative technology. Representatives from public utilities, private utilities, and rural electric cooperatives can also benefit from training. Information gathered from the workshops can help utility representatives serve as a source of information regarding money-saving concepts.
- Design and Material Options
- System Layout
- Pipe Joining Techniques – Hands-on for butt, socket, saddle and electro fusion
- Trenching/Drilling Processes
- Air and Debris Purging
- Pressure Drop Calculations
- Pump and Fluid Selection
- Thermal Conductivity
- Start-up, Performance Checking & Troubleshooting