If you’re new to the solar industry, go to the Solar 101 Reading list. It has free tools and articles on solar design and installation, sales and marketing, policy, finance and best practices. If you need to understand the technical side of residential solar PV design, download the free 60+ page PDF “Solar PV Design 101″ to learn the basic terms, how to estimate array size, power production, size an inverter, and size module strings and conductor size.
If you’re going start a solar business, you need to learn how to perform site visits. Performing high quality and efficient site visits is absolutely critical to the success of profitable solar projects, especially residential projects! You need to be able to capture all of the information you need to 1) quote the system correctly 2) design the project and 3) inform the installation crew what to expect. An efficient site visit process will lead to smooth operations and profitable jobs while complex process can lead to unprofitable jobs and a lot of confusion.
Click here to check out Sunify. Sunify is a simple mobile tool that solar sales people use to make sure they collect all the information they need on a site visit with the least possible effort. It’s so cheap it will pay for itself in one site visit. Sunify does 4 things that will make your site visits better.
- Sunify will eliminate paper notes so you no longer have to copy and paste notes into emails and waste time.
- Sunify will ensure that you, or the sales people that you manage, capture the information that they need to on the first visit.
- You’ll collect better quality information because you can collect video and audio notes in addition to photos and text answers. This will give lead to more accurate quotes, design, and an easier time for the installation team.
- It’s all the tools you need in one place, so you’ll never loose your notes again.
If you’re brand new to the solar industry, we’re also getting a lot of questions about the NABCEP Certification. For this, I have two resources for you.
Click here to learn what is NABCEP and wether or not you should need to get the certification. If you’re serious about the solar industry and you want to get the NABCEP Certification, but you need to understand how exactly to apply, you can read more about getting the NABCEP Certification here.
If you’re new and into solar finance, I have a few great things for you.
- Download the Commercial Solar Finance Model
- Read the Guide to Financing Commercial Solar Projects
- If you need to learn how to finance commercial solar projects, click here to apply to take our Solar MBA Training
Back to the solar startup guide….